Customer Success Story
BoatyardX partnered with a large US-based commercial bank to design and build an innovative, user-centric investment platform focused on driving engagement and facilitating investment relationships.
Fintech / Banking
- Iterating on the version one prototype, design and deliver a user-centric MVP solution within a rapid timeframe which would have the capability to scale to meet the client’s vision.
- Support the client in navigating their journey to the cloud.
- An investment platform enabling personalised recommendations based on investment preferences which provides users with relevant investment opportunities in an engaging environment.
- Increase user engagement by providing a valuable source of high-quality investment opportunities.
- Reduce manual effort in creating and managing fund profiles which enables the internal team to focus on higher-value activities and scale the platform.
Discovery Project Overview
The project was conducted over two phases in a 12 month period.
Discovery (3 months)
- Designed and validated the technical feasibility of the proposed product including defining the key features, architecture and a plan to deliver the MVP.
Build Phase (9 months)
- Iteratively refined the discovery phase designs and architecture into build-ready detailed designs and user stories.
- Delivered the MVP using agile methodologies with an integrated team based in Colombia
- and Dublin.
- Provided DevOps capability to augment the client’s cloud infrastructure team.
- Provided support for critical product and technology decisions.
An investment platform which connects investors with investment opportunities in an innovative and user-centric way from initially managing the introduction at MVP stage with a vision of delivering full deal management capability.
- Delivered the MVP product with an integrated team comprised of product and development skillsets.
- Worked collaboratively with the client to dynamically refine the roadmap and ensure feature prioritisation was aligned with business outcomes.
- Supported the client in developing an MVP mindset and approach to product development while aligning to internal governance standards.
- Provided architecture input, guidance on key technology decisions and selection of technology components.
- Provided a solid foundation from which to iteratively enhance and scale the product aligned to their ambitious vision.
- Discovery Services
- Product architecting and planning
- Full-stack development
- UI/UX design
- Frontend: React
- Backend: Node.js
- DevOps: AWS
- UI/UX design: Figma